THE UNIVERSITY OF SAVOIE
STATISTICS AND MARKETING RESEARCH
PART-MODULE PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING RESEARCH
Statistics applied to market research:
- International marketing research methodology: questionnaire design, sampling techniques, different modes of data collection.
- Descriptive, bivariate and multivariate statistics. Textual data analysis.
- Reporting techniques.
- Workshops on survey software Sphinx.
- Company real project.
Prof. Stéphane Ganassali
PART- MODULE INTENSIVE STUDY PROGRAMME
Markstrat Intensive Programme
The intensive programme Markstrat is a marketing simulation (see http://web.stratxsimulations.com/simulation/strategic-marketing-simulation) in which the students will learn how to use marketing studies information for making their marketing decisions, within a competitive environment.
PURCHASING AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Supply chain management rationale and impact on the firm’s performance.
- Demand forecasting.
- Inventory control.
- Distribution management.
- Transportation and warehouse management.
- Distribution network design.
- International aspects of procurement, production and distribution.
Mr. Jorge Espinosa
- An example of career in Purchasing and SCM.
- The importance of the function, roles and interactions with adjacent functions, evolution, Purchasing vs SCM.
- Category Sourcing strategies and Supplier relationship management.
- Cost management and target setting with a case study/ role play.
- Balanced score cards, Purchasing and supplier performance management.
- Risk, uncertainty and resilience management in purchasing.
Mr. Phil Willson
EUROPEAN AND GLOBAL ECONOMICS
1st part-module: International macroeconomic theory and policy
- Chapter 1: What is macroeconomics?
- Chapter 2: Macroeconomic accounts.
- Chapter 3: Labour markets and unemployment.
- Chapter 4: Money, prices and exchange rates in the log run.
- Chapter 5: Borrowing, lending and budget constraints.
- Chapter 6: Private sector demand: consumption and investment.
- Chapter 7: Money and monetary policy.
- Chapter 8: Macroeconomic equilibrium In the short run.
- Chapter 9: International capital flows and macroeconomic equilibrium.
- Chapter 10: Output, employment and inflation.
- Chapter 11: Aggregate demand and aggregate supply.
Prof. Aude Pommeret
EUROPEAN AND GLOBAL CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR
- Customer Journey
- Segmenting the market
- Perception process
- Consumers’ attitudes towards brands
- Culture and consumption
- Sociological aspects in customer behaviour
- Symbolic consumption and identity (self-image)
- Experiential consumption
Prof. Stéphane Ganassali
Prof. Carmen R. Santos
FINANCIAL MARKETS AND CORPORATE FINANCE
- Characteristics of the main asset classes (cash, bonds, equities, commodities, alternative investments, currencies)
- Measure economic growth and detail the various tools used to predict future economic activity
- Analyse the impact of economic growth on the main asset classes
- Detail the various measures of inflation (headline, core, cost-push, demand pull)
- Analyse the impact the growth-inflation mix on the major asset classes
- Central bank policies – both conventional and unconventional – and their impact on financial markets
- Equity Valuation
- Combining top-down and bottom-up analysis for optimum investment management
Dr. Michel Girardin
REGISTRATION, INFORMATION AND ADMINISTRATION