When and how to apply? Find the information you need.
EMBS where you start your journey.
The application period will start mid-December 2019
– Closing date for non-EU citizens: 13th March 2020 – noon, Italian time
– Closing date for EU citizens (first round): 13th March 2020 – noon, Italian time
– Closing date for EU citizens (second round): 15th May 2020 – noon, Italian time
N.B. Applicants who do not have yet completed their Bachelor’s degree can apply for the EMBS master’s programme, provided they meet the following requirements:
a) conclusion of all exams to obtain the bachelor’s degree by 31st August 2020
b) graduation by the 31st of October 2020 having passed the graduation exam (if any)
c) submission of the official Bachelor’s degree diploma by the 30th November 2020
Such applicants will not be admitted unconditionnaly to the programme, but may be “conditionnaly admitted” as long as the certificate remains outstanding. Formal enrolment to the programme can only be granted, however, when the Bachelor’s certificate is submitted.
- In order to be considered eligible for application, interested prospective students must fulfill the following minimum requirements:
a. Three- or four-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree (at least amounting to 6 semesters and 180 ECTS) in Economics, Management or Business Studies or other study backgrounds (Social Sciences, Languages, Engineering) with a focus on Economics & Management awarded by an internationally recognized institution at university level. The contents of the aforementioned Bachelor studies must comply with the requirements of the EMBS and, in particular, must provide sufficient economic and managerial knowledge on the basis of a relevant study programme. This means, they must contain at least 50% of courses in general belonging to bachelor studies of management and/or economics.
b. Bachelor’s degree with at least an overall national grade of 2,5 in Germany, 95/110 in Italy, 13 in France, 6,5 in Spain or the equivalent in other countries.
c. Proof of English proficiency at minimum level B2 CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages): e.g. TOEFL 560 paper-based or 87 internet-based; IELTS 5.5, or equivalent language test; certificate of the language centre of your home institution; English as a mother tongue; university English exam; proof that university studies were completed at a recognized institution where English is the primary media of instruction; etc. Test results are only required if the applicant’s first language is not English or if the language of instruction of his/her previous degree is not English.
d. Good knowledge of the most common computer applications.
- Fulfilment of the aforementioned requirements has to be documented and submitted with the application by the given deadlines.
- The EMBS Admission Board can decide to admit a candidate on condition that he/she passes additional courses before the start of the programme.
- Applicants who do not have yet completed their Bachelor’s degree, can apply for the EMBS master’s programme, provided they meet the following requirements:
a. conclusion of all exams to obtain the Bachelor’s degree by 31st August 2020;
b. graduation by the 31st of October 2020 having passed the graduation exam (if any);
c. submission of the official Bachelor’s degree diploma by the 30th November 2020.
Such applicants will not be admitted unconditionally to the programme, but may be “conditionally admitted” as long as the certificate remains outstanding. Formal enrolment to the programme can only be granted, however, when the Bachelor’s certificate is submitted.
- Applicants will be selected by the four EMBS partner universities in accordance to a common selection procedure set by the Admission Board.
- Once all online application packages are received, each application will be subject to a review by the Admission Board, which will evaluate overall the profiles of each candidate.
- Applicants having the basic requirements described in Art. 3 and shortlisted after the first evaluation (see above n. 2) shall be called for an interview, which may be done on campus or by conference call. The aim of the interview is to complete the application process by providing the Admission Board with exhaustive information about the applicant’s personal and academic background as well as skills and competences.
- The Admission Board will verify application information and it might deny candidate admission at any point of the application process if a discrepancy between the self-reported information and information provided through verification is noted. Candidates will be notified of the Admission Board’s decision after this review.
- The Admission Board will send an acceptance notification to the top 30 candidates of the list. Each accepted applicant must confirm his/her acceptance in written form and by paying a nonrefundable admission confirmation fee of 100 (one hundred) Euro to Università degli Studi di Trento (the admission confirmation fee will be deducted from the overall national administrative fee due by the student to the University of Trento) according to the instructions that will be reported in the acceptance notification.
Interested applicants are required to fill in the online application form thoroughly and to upload the documents listed below:
- ID (possible only for European citizens) or valid passport;
- Curriculum Vitae (in English);
- High school leaving certificate;
- Certificates and diplomas (in English) of your completed Bachelor’s degree from an internationally recognized higher education institution (university or university college) or enrollment certificate (in English) in a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- Transcript of Records (in English) of completed courses and grades for each semester included in your bachelor’s degree and in any other degree programme relevant for admission;
- Proof of English proficiency (minimum CEFR B2 level);
- Passport size photo;
- ONLY FOR EU APPLICANTS: copy of European Health Insurance Card-EHIC (European side with validity).
 Students who still have not completed their first-level degree, but that expect to graduate before October 31, 2020 have to provide a temporary certificate from their University stating their expected graduation date and final grade.
Access to the online application form:
Access the online application form- http://www.unitn.it/en/apply/master
If you are selected you will be informed by one of the four universities within a few weeks of the closing dates.
The interviews will take place in week 15 (for Non-EU citizens) and around week 25 (for EU citizens) either via Skype or in person at one of the universities you selected in the online application.
You will be informed of the final decision within a few weeks.
Diploma Supplement (English/Italian version)
Please note: when arriving in Trento, the diploma supplement must be handed in for your enrolment. Only English or Italian versions are accepted. Please arrange this as soon as possible with your home university since you will not be allowed to sit the exams in Trento without providing the diploma supplement.
If you have any further questions concerning the application please contact Lorenza Zuccatti.
REGISTRATION, INFORMATION AND ADMINISTRATION